Backup Marketing is a leading event management agency based in Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin. We have a great team of 20 professionals working across client service, strategy, design, digital, production, promotion and finance.
Established 25 years ago, we create events for some of Ireland’s largest companies from diverse industries including technology, retail, property, pharmaceutical, financial, public sector and consumer goods.
We pride ourselves at being dynamic and innovative, constantly bring fresh ideas and technologies to the projects we work on. Our recent projects are both live and virtual including conferences, exhibitions, festivals, parties, launches, sporting events and recruitment fairs.
We are looking for an ambitious Account Director to join our events team. Ideally, this candidate is looking to
- Create brilliant live, virtual and hybrid events
- Help to shape the evolution and growth of our company
- Develop their career in a dynamic and fun agency environment
We Need Your Help With:
- Working alongside the agency’s leadership team to build and maintain great client relationships
- Leading the account management, planning and execution of events – you will work with our team across the end-to-end process from client briefings, to agency responses, pitching, budgeting, event production and project evaluation
- Coordinating the agency’s team of strategists, designers, technologists and producers to create brilliant events based on client needs
- Working alongside the Business Development and New Business teams to help to grow the agency
- Coordinating third party suppliers – venues, technology platforms, AV, security, entertainment etc.
- Managing the necessary documents for events including legalities, permits, insurance, risk assessment, security, health & safety etc.
- Managing budgets with a focus on delivering value for money for clients, while delivering agency margins and profitability
Our Ideal Colleague Have
- A minimum of 3 years experience working in event management, with experience working in staging live and virtual events
- Experience at integrating digital technologies and social media into great guest experiences
- An interest in culture with a passion for arts, technology, food and entertainment. You are excited to bring fresh ideas to each project.
- Great communication skills, verbally, visually and written. You are confident in your ability to sell an idea to clients.
- A strategic perspective with the ability to produce events that have measurable impact on our clients and their organisations.
- A growth mindset with a drive to continuously develop, embrace emerging technologies and learn new skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and self awareness.
- Ambition with the hunger to produce brilliant and innovative work for our clients that is on brief, on brand, on time and on budget.
- A willingness to roll up their sleeves and do whatever is needed to ensure client success.
We offer a competitive package based on experience, great career prospects and a brilliant work environment. We also offer flexible, hybrid working to all of our colleagues.
If this sounds like the next step in your career we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for application is Friday 20th May 2022